This policy applies to Wooting’s own Services. Websites, products and services of third-parties and some affiliates of Wooting are subject to their own separate privacy policies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Manage your registration as a user of our services. The Personal Information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our services that are available to you as a registered user.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Finally, we process Personal Information for the purpose of providing the software features. Personal Information may also be used for marketing and follow up as well as for our sales and product development with the aim of improving our products and services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. The following third parties are involved:
We use Shopify to power our online store
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Mailchimp to manage our mailing list
You can read more about how mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://www.intuit.com/privacy/statement/.
We use Crisp for our customer service communication
You can read more about how Crisp uses your Personal Information here: https://crisp.chat/nl/privacy/.
We use Stripe for our payment processing
you can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/en-nl/privacy.
We also use Mollie for our payment processing
You can read more about how Mollie uses your Personal Information here: https://www.mollie.com/nl/privacy
We also use Amazon Payments for our payment processing
You can read more about how Amazon Payments uses your Personal Information here: https://www.amazonpay.in/help/201751600.
We use Google Firebase for login authentication
You can read more about how Google Firebase uses your Personal Information here: https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may have choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you other messages in connection with providing our Services.
If you would like to review, correct, or update Personal Information that you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by signing in to your Wooting account or by contacting us through the contact information under contact us.
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Information we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether Wooting processes Personal Information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Information.
- The right to request that Wooting rectifies or updates your Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- The right to request that Wooting erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances provided by law.
- The right to request that Wooting restrict the use of your Personal Information.
- The right to request that we export your Personal Information that we hold to another company, where technically feasible.
- Where the processing of your Personal Information is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and/or
- In some cases, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information.
You can access your personal information through your Wooting account. When a manual request is made through contacting us, we will comply within 1 month at no cost.
We are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
DATA RETENTION AND TRANSFER
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed within and outside of the European Union, including Canada and the United States depending on which services are used as listed above. Personal Data is otherwise stored and accessed within the Netherlands.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Wooting Store B.V.
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
Buitenbrinkweg 77, Ermelo 3853 LV, The Netherlands